Monday, September 11, 2017

Fall, 2017. Are we Headed for Chastisement or Divine Mercy?

Just got back from the gym. Thank God this place exists just down the street.   I did my PT exercises while a guy told me about his TMJ issues, did a couple of requisite sets of abdominal crunches, and then a dozen or so laps in the pool doing the crawl while a super swimmer torpedoed himself back and forth past me.  It ended with a meditative soak in the God-knows-whats-in-there whirloop. 

I have to thank God my health keeps returning to normal, and plan some Te Deum celebrations to thank the Good Lord for His Mercy.  This ordeal started in January, and, I think it will end up being in great measure due to the intercession of the saintly elfen Friar St. Padre Pio, that my health becomes fully restored. God knows He could have justifiably gone the other way and chastised me indefinitely. But through the prayers and support of family and friends, God's Mercy tipped the scales of His Divine Justice.

If our lives are a microcosm of what's going down in the World, I'd have to say the country/world is in the eye of the hurricane right now--figuratively and literally.



Hurricane Irma


Think about it.  The Houston Hurricane, earthquake in Mexico and then Akito, Japan (Yes, Akito--Our Lady of Akito, ora pro nobis), and now Hurricane Irma.  Oh, and glancing at the Drudge Report, there's also something about meteorologists bewildered over strange winds off the West coast of the US, and a bunch of strange earthquakes in some other part of the US.

Factor in the 100th Anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima next month, the Remnant article about the prophetic happenings to come September 23rd I think it is related to the constellation Virgo, St. Padre Pio's Feast Day on the 23rd, and the Beatification of Okie American Fr. Stanley Rother on that same day.  And you have to wonder what kind of end times events we are witnessing.



          The Miracle of the Sun
                Fatima, Portugal
                 October 13, 1917

Perhaps then it is providential a friend gave us some blessed, beeswax holy candles.  You never know.  We may be headed straight for the 3 days of darkness.

On the other hand, if God is being merciful to me about my own well being, I hope and pray He will also be merciful to the World right now and not chastise us.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us. St. Padre Pio, pray for us.